Professor, Department of Food Science of the International Hellenic University.
PhD in the Sector of Genetics, Development and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
My name is Imsiridou Anastasia and I was born in Thessaloniki, Greece, on January 29th 1969. I have a diploma in Biology from the School of Biology of the Faculty of Sciences of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Degree: Very good, 1991). I have a PhD from the Sector of Genetics, Development and Molecular Biology of the Department of Biology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki with the title “Study of the genetic structure of Greek Leuciscus cephalus (L.) populations” (Degree: Excellent, 1998). Part of my PhD thesis was carried out in Centre d’ Analyse Moléculaire de la Biodiversité, Université Claude Bernard (Lyon, France) with an ERASMUS scholarship (July 1995 - August 1995). I worked as a Post-doctoral researcher in the Institute for Systems Informatics and Safety of Joint Research Center, where I contributed to the creation of a Web based database for genetic identification of stocks of commercially important fish species (Ispra, Italy, April 1998 - July 1999).
From 1999 until 2003 I worked as Head of the Department of Fisheries of the Thesprotia Prefecture (Greece). From 2003 until 2012 I held the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Fisheries and Aquacultures Technology of Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki and from 2012 until 2014 I became an Associated Professor in the same Department. From 2014 until 2018 I held the position of Associated Professor in the Department of Food Technology of the Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki. From 2018 until today I am a Professor in the Department of Food Science of the International Hellenic University. I am the author of twenty-one articles published in referred Journals, three chapters in books and forty-two conference papers. I am also the author of a scientific book with the title: Genetic Analysis Techniques - Applications in Food Sector, ISBN 978-960-6706-67-7, Sofia Publications, Thessaloniki 2018, Greece, which has been published recently.
My research interests include, among others, Population Genetics, Genetic Study of Aquatic Organisms, Genetic Identification of Aquatic Organisms, Genetic Identification of Food Products, Food Fraud Detection with Molecular Analysis Techniques.
- Imsiridou A, Karakousis Y and Triantaphyllidis C (1997) Genetic polymorphism and differentiation among chub, Leuciscus cephalus L. (Pisces, Cyprinidae) populations of Greece. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 25: 537-546.
- Imsiridou A, Apostolidis A, Durand JD, Briolay J, Bouvet Y and Triantaphyllidis C (1998) Genetic differentiation and phylogenetic relationships among Greek chub Leuciscus cephalus L. (Pisces, Cyprinidae) populations as revealed by RFLP analysis of mitochondrial DNA. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 26: 415-429.
- Durand JD, Templeton AR, Guinand B, Imsiridou A and Bouvet Y (1999) Nested clade and phylogeographic analyses of the chub, Leuciscus cephalus (Teleostei, Cyprinidae) in Greece: implications for Balkan peninsula biogeography. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 13(3): 566-580.
- Imsiridou A and Triantaphyllidis C (2001) Allozyme electrophoresis studies in European hake Merluccius merluccius L. (Gadidae) populations. Biologia, Bratislava 56: 545-547.
- Imsiridou A, Hardy H, Maudling N, Amoutzias G and Zaldívar Comenges JM (2003) Web database of molecular genetic data from fish stocks. Journal of Heredity 94(3): 265-267.
- Amoutzias GD, Pichler EE, Mian N, Graaf DD, Imsiridou A, Robinson-Rechavi M, Bornberg-Bauer E, Robertson DL and Oliver SG (2007) A protein interaction atlas for the nuclear receptors: Properties and quality of a hub-based dimerisation network. BMC Systems Biology 1: 34.
- Imsiridou A, Minos G, Katsares V, Karaiskou N and Tsiora A (2007) Genetic identification and phylogenetic inferences in different Mugilidae species using 5S rDNA markers. Aquaculture Research 38: 1370-1379.
- Katsares V, Tsiora A, Galinou-Mitsoudi S and Imsiridou A (2008) Genetic structure of the endangered species Pinna nobilis Linnaeus, 1758 (Mollusca: Bivalvia) inferred from mtDNA sequences. Biologia 63(3): 412-417.
- Imsiridou A, Triantafyllidis A, Baxevanis A and Triantaphyllidis C (2009) Genetic characterization of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) populations from Greece using mitochondrial DNA sequences. Biologia 64(4): 781-785.
- Imsiridou A, Minos G, Gakopoulou A, Katsares V, Karidas T and Katselis G (2011) Discrimination of two picarel species Spicara flexuosa and Spicara maena (Pisces: Centracanthidae) based on mitochondrial DNA sequences. Journal of Fish Biology 78: 373-377.
- Minos G, Imsiridou A and Economidis PS (2012) First record of Terapon theraps (Terapontidae) in the Aegean Sea (Greece). Cybium 36(2): 401-402.
- Mankiewicz-Boczek J, Imsiridou A, Kaczkowski Z, Tsiora A, Karaiskou N, Łapińska M, Minos G and Zalewski M (2013) Genetic diversity of perch populations in three lowland reservoirs (Central Poland): Perspective for fish sustainable management. Polish Journal of Ecology 61(2): 385-390.
- Minos G, Imsiridou A and Katselis G (2013) Use of morphological differences for the identification of two picarel species Spicara flexuosa and Spicara maena (Pisces: Centracanthidae). Mediterranean Marine Science SI 14/3: 26-31.
- Minos G and Imsiridou A (2015) On the presence of agujon needlefish Tylosurus acus imperialis (Rafinesque, 1810) in the North Aegean Sea (EasternMediterranean). In: Ζenetos Α, Akel EHKH, Apostolidis C, Bilecenoglu M, Bitar G, Buchet V, Chalari N, Corsini-Foka M, Crocetta F, Dogrammatzi A, Drakulić M, Fanelli G, Ggiglio G, Imsiridou A, Kapiris K, Karachle PK, Kavadas S, Kondylatos G, Lefkaditou E, Lipej L, Mavrič B, Minos G, Moussa R, Pancucci-Papadopoulou MA, Prato E, Renda W, RÍos N, Rizkalla SI, Russo F, Servonnat M, Siapatis A, Sperone E, Theodorou JA, Tiralongo F & Tzovenis I (2015) New mediterranean biodiversity records (April 2015). Mediterranean Marine Science, Collective Article A, 16(1): 266-284.
- Corse E, Tarkan AS, Emiroglu Ö, Imsiridou A, Minos G, Lorenzoni M, Vilizzi L and Aboim MA (2015) Covariation of trophic and habitat-related traits in chondrostoms (Cyprinidae): implications for repeated and diversifying evolutionary processes. Journal of Zoology 295: 294-305.
- Minos G, Kokokiris L, Imsiridou A, Karachle PK and Kapiris K (2015) Notes on the distribution and biology of northern brown shrimp Farfantepenaeus aztecus (Ives, 1891) in the eastern Mediterranean. Turkish Journal of Zoology 39: 467-463.
- Imsiridou A, Minos G, Kokokiris L, Alexandrou M, Kyriakidou M and Karidas T (2016) Genetic and phenotypic identification of Tylosurus acus imperialis in Thermaikos Gulf, North Aegean Sea. Cahiers de Biologie Marine 57: 9-15.
- Naderi L, Shabani A and Imsiridou A (2017) Genetic diversity of sharpnose mullet Liza saliens introduced in southern Caspian Sea in comparison with one native Aegean Sea population. Journal of Ichthyology 57(2): 297-305.
- Pazartzi T, Siaperopoulou S, Gubili C, Maradidou S, Loukovitis D, Chatzispyrou A, Griffiths AM, Minos G and Imsiridou A (2019) High levels of mislabeling in shark meat - Investigating patterns of species utilization with DNA barcoding in Greek retailers. Food Control 98: 179-186.
- Imsiridou A, Papapetrou M, Tilikidis A, Minos G, Loukovitis D, Gouva E, Chatzopoulos A, Skoufos I and Paschos I (2019) Can the population structure of three Greek marine species (Sardina pilchardus, Penaeus kerathurus, Mullus barbatus) become a tool for their future characterization as PGI products? Journal of Nutrition, Food and Lipid Science 2019(1): 54-83.
- Galinou-Mitsoudi S, Imsiridou A, Koutra A, Samaras D and Samara E (2019) Ecology, life cycle and genetic approach of Spondylus gaederopus Linnaeus, 1758 (Bivalvia). Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology 20: 2.
Chapters in Books
- Gollman G, Bouvet Y, Brito RM, Coelho MM, Collares-Pereira MJ, Imsiridou A, Karakousis Y, Pattee E and Triantaphyllidis C (1998) Effects of river engineering on genetic structure of European fish populations. In: Fish Migration and Fish Bypasses. Jungwirth M, Schmutz S and Weiss S (eds.). Fishing News Books Oxford. Pg no: 113-123.
- Minos G, Imsiridou A and Economidis PS (2010) Liza haematocheilus (Pisces, Mugilidae) in the northern Aegean Sea. In: Fish Invasions of the Mediterranean Sea: Change and Renewal. Golani D and Appelbaum-Golani B (eds.). Pensoft Publishers, Sofia - Moscow. Pg no: 313-332.
- Imsiridou A, Karaiskou N, Aggelidou E, Katsares V and Galinou-Mitsoudi S (2012) Mitochondrial DNA variation as a tool for systematic status clarification of commercial species. The case of two high commercial Flexopecten forms in the Aegean Sea. In: Aquaculture. Muchlisin Z (ed.). Intech Open Access Publisher, Croatia. Pg no: 109-126.
Imsiridou T Anastasia (2018) Genetic Analysis Techniques - Applications in Food Sector, ISBN 978-960-6706-67-7. Sofia Publications, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Population Genetics
- Genetic Study of Aquatic Organisms
- Genetic Identification of Aquatic Organisms
- Genetic Identification of Food Products
- Food Fraud Detection with Molecular Analysis Techniques